Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week 32

  The Elders investigator got married on Saturday. My first Florida
wedding. That was an adventure in itself. The whole time I was like
"Mom would die, Mom would die, Mom would DIE!" It was fun. But they're
finally married so she can get baptized this weekend!
   The sisters found this abandoned building so we ate lunch there
and got some Deep! Deep! Dish! All four of us got über sick, so we
literally couldn't do many thing on Thursday, it was awful and really
ticking me off. My comp had enough guts to go check the mail so I said
a prayer before we walked down there and was like, "Heavenly Father,
I'm failing as a missionary today. This mint the only time we go out
today, So here's what's gonna go down. We're gonna take a walk to the
mailbox and you're gonna put someone in our path that we can invite to
church." So we crawled to the mailbox and the first person I saw I
started talking to. She immediately was like, "where's your church
located? I need to go!" God answers prayers. #truth
  Story time. So yesterday wasn't pday, so it already was the worst
day ever. We were on the bikes and were sitting at a red light waiting
to cross. So we're siting there and a guy in a car behind us starts
yelling at us in his thick southern hick accent. Typical "Joseph
smiths a fake!" "Go home Mormons!" "Hey Mormon!" He even yelled
"prophecy smith" (I had the thought, the mobs even yelled that at
Joseph Smith in the Restoration, oh my gosh, I have to deal with these
same idiots. I'm like the prophet). I was trying so very hard to stay
controlled and calm and not look back at him. My blood was boiling so
I started singing a hymn in my head and was like "Don't let them get
to you, you know it's true. You've been in the Sacred Grove, you've
felt that spirit. You know it's real, it's so undeniably true. You're
the right one here. Heavenly Father please let this light turn green.
Please let them rot in hell, I can't wait till Christ comes and they
realize the truth. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry."  You know,
typical pep talk. The dude keeps yelling louder and louder, trying to
make us mad and get our attention, so we did our best to ignore him.
  So the light turns green and we go and I'm bracing myself for
something to be thrown at us, cause that's usually what goes down,
and for them to slowly drive by us and yell some more. I start
pedaling as fast as I can and am trying to ignore the car and just
stare straight ahead. So they drive slowly by us, yelling and such and
I don't look at them and focus straight ahead cause I'm so close to
losing it. Then when they passed us, I finally looked at the car so I
can get some mental image of what my persecutors look like, so when
I'm in heaven I can give Heavenly Father a more detailed idea of who
it was. It was a red corolla. With a bike rack. Then I saw the two
guys in white shirts in the car. It was our beloved, oh so nice
elders. I was TICKED. It was not nice at all. So God's a fourth watch
God, lesson learned for the day.
Tis all. Love y'all,
Sister Carr

Our HUGE NormaQuanaHouse district (my zone in LC wasn't this big)




No comments:

Post a Comment