Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 34

My Ciera in Keystone got baptized! Hallelujah!
Some of my favorite moments of my mission were of her experiences with
the spirit and how strong the spirit speaks to her and Hailey.
She never believed in God, so our first lesson with her we just told
her to pray about it. The next day, I was asking her about it and she
just smiled and was like "He answered." She had gone home that night
and said her first ever prayer and as soon as she asked if God was
there, she felt this energy roll through her body and since she had
never felt the spirit before, it was a total shock to her so it
freaked her out. She jumped into bed and hid under her covers and was
like, "What did the sisters do to me?!" She was giggling hysterically
when she was telling us about it. She said that His spiritual
floodgates have opened now that she's finally willing to believe. I
miss her so much, I'm so grateful that I was able to be a little part
of her conversion.
And now their parents' hearts are being softened to teach and their
cousin asked the sisters if she could be baptized too! Miracles!
We've been able to get a few new investigators, thanks to our amazing
members. So we're so excited to finally get things moving about after
a long drought. Brother Brown was made our new ward mission leader.
Can't even begin to tell you how much of a HALLELUJAH that deserves.
We're all so stoked.
    We have been cleaning out an investigators trailer for the past
two weeks. Sister McCann and I went into the back room and just
started clearing everything out as fast as we can. Little did we know
that lovely little rodent friends had made their homes between the
trash and clothes that were compressed to the floor. We found that out
the hard way. The elders quickly started making me the running joke of
the day. That seems to happen a lot. Free entertainment, you're
welcome. But anyway, that wasn't a fun experience.
  This area is not the funnest and my testimony has been under attack
the entire two months that I've been here. It's been killing me and it
is so hard to have people attacking us literally every time we go
outside. Being on the bikes doesn't help with that either.  I hate the
south. It's so hard and there's not a day that goes by that I wish I
could go home. I've never been on my knees so much in my life.
There's been a few nights this week that I've felt inspired to read a
certain chapter on the scriptures and I've been told specifically what
verse I needed to start on and it's exactly what I needed to hear.
It's funny how God works like that.
So I'm grateful for those little miracles. I'm grateful for the
Atonement. I've never fully understood it until I came out here and
had to use it and just ask for forgiveness and ask to guide and direct
us and our investigators. I'm so grateful for the peace that comes
from Christ's Atonement, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.
Love y'all
Sister Carr

Ciera's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment