Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 33

From: Chelsea Carr <chelsea.carr@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Happy missionary Christmas!
Date: April 7, 2014 at 12:18:04 PM PDT
To: Julie Carr <julie@jcarrcontracting.com>, Richard Risueno <rrisueno@myldsmail.net>

   I LOVED CONFERENCE! I can't say it enough, it was so amazing!
    We heard that the choir for the priesthood session was from BYUI
and Sister McCann and I we're dying to see it, and thanks to the
amazing blessing of our iPads, we were able to watch them during our
Facebook time. I saw one of my FHE brothers Austin, two guys from my
Idaho ward, two guys that I had a class with (one of them I knew from
OCMCO too), my home teacher in Arizona, a guy from EFY, and Jordan
Terry. Oh my goodness, it was so fun to see people I knew. And there
was a guy in the Orem Institute choir that I worked with in Arizona.
And Sister Hannah Schaap in the World Report! This weekend was just so
good. I looked for Ken, Tay, and Mal during the Saturday morning
session, but couldn't find them. :(
   I love the #LDSconf. The church is so cool, I can't even get over
it. During Elder Corbridge's talk, I checked on Facebook to see if a
potential Facebook investigator messaged me back and there were
already memes and quotes from him. And the talk wasn't even over yet.
People kill me.
   Sunday morning was so stressful trying to finalize rides for our
investigator, Sasha, I was seriously screaming at the phone, nothing
was working out. So we said a prayer and eventually got a ride and two
backup rides for her. #miracles But then she didn't answer when any of
them came to get her. SO FRUSTRATING! The sisters got 5 investigators
at conference by just sitting there and we did seriously everything
thing we could and couldn't get one. It's so not fair and so
frustrating. But then I got rebuked with the first talk that morning.
Uchtdorfs "be grateful no matter what" talk. He was speaking directly
to me. So I'm grateful for a ward that has two wonderful families that
are willing to do everything for us no matter what. Love them. They're
so getting cookies this week.
   It was pretty much the 14 of us missionaries and the bishop and
the occasional investigator in the chapel watching conference. As soon
as they announced that Elder Zwick (he came here in November) would be
speaking, we all screamed and got way excited. He has a fan club here
in JAX. He's letting us go to the temple now, so we love him.
   Had this crazy lesson with this family that I did not want to go
see, but the bishop told us to go check it out. So we're sitting in
the house and all the sudden there's police outside. I was dying. So
long story short, we got out of there okay, they were arresting the
dad's sister who was staying there. I was ticked cause I had a bad
feeling about going, but the bishop still wanted us to. Lesson
learned. Never again.
    I'm so grateful for a living prophet on this earth. Im grateful
for a Heavenly Father who gives us direction through Him. I know that
our Savior still loves us enough to still guide and help us. I'm
grateful for the spirit that was felt this weekend. The church is so
ridiculously true, I feel it every day!
Love yall!
Sister Carr

    This happened to the Elders' car this week, it's sharpie. They so
deserve it #karma for yelling at us

No comments:

Post a Comment