Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week 19



     My absolute unfavorite day of the year in December 26th. I absolutely hate it. It's the worst. I refuse to take down our Christmas tree yet. I think we might just leave it there so the Sisters that serve here next December won't have to put it up. They're going to thank me for that. I know it.
     Yesterday all of us missionaries spoke in sacrament about.... Missionary work! Shocker! So I played the piano for all of sacrament last week, taught Sunday School that day too, put on a movie night Saturday night, delivered 15 dozen cookies to people, played Secret Santa, spoke in sacrament this week, worked on converting Keystone, giving a training for District meeting tomorrow, and went squirrel hunting on top of that. I'm exhausted and slowly dying. And we are already 30 miles over our limit on the car this month. But I've seen that blessings come with craziness! I keep having the strongest feeling this week that we are going to get a baptism in January. I've been praying so hard that this will happen and that's been my driving force this week. It will happen! Full faith!
     When Sister Hillman skyped with her family on Christmas, she told them that we've only tracted like 2 times and it hit me that we've been working so much with less-actives and member referrals and the investigators that we already have, and I haven't blessed her enough with the experience of every missionary's favorite experience of tracting. So we've been working a lot on her door approaches for about 2 hours every morning since Christmas. I'm pretty sure she hates me by now. We both hate it. She even told the Sister Training leader that it's worthless and unproductive. HAHAHAHAHA! (You don't say that to the sister training leaders, hello!!) But it's always an adventure to meet all the colorful people that hideout here.
     There's a less active family that we usually visit every week but haven't been able to see this transfer and I was kinda iffy about seeing them, but yesterday I had the strongest feeling to go see them and we just did it. And holy cow am I grateful for the Spirit! We had the most amazing discussion with them and she was dying to have us help her bring FHE back into their home and to help with their family scripture study. I shared 2 Nephi 25:26 with them and I've never felt like people were listening to me so sincerely and intently before. She even said that right before we came she couldn't even sit up she was so sick and by the end of our visit she was laughing and chatting a lot with us. She said we were miracle workers, I'm not sure about that, but it was cool. I love them so much! They are one of the reasons I came out here. I love these people.
     We had the most amazing lesson with Alex yesterday. He won't come to our ward but he'll go to  Palatka. So I decided we were going to have a 'do or die' lesson with him and just pound out all his thoughts and make sure that he was legit about this. I judged him way too hard and from that lesson found that he has the most amazing testimony ever. I've never heard him talk about how he felt about the Gospel or how it's helped his life and I'm so glad we got it out of him. I was giving up on him cause he's met with the missionaries for months and he won't commit to church but dang, does he know that this is true. He bore the most amazing testimony ever and I don't remember anything he said but I just remember that the Spirit was super strong. He's never felt so happy in his life while he's been meeting with us and he feels 'holier' and has received so many answers to his prayers from our lessons. We tried to set a baptismal date for January 30 and he said it might be even sooner than that. WHAT?? God is a God of miracles and I've for sure seen them here. He's remembering the South! This is His work and we're just going along as instruments in His hands. Holy cow I am so grateful for this opportunity to see how real God is and see how closely He is involved in our lives. LOVE IT!
Sister Carr

Me, Sister Hillman, and the Beckham's granddaughter Zowie (She's in love with Teen Beach Movie so she's a homie) on Christmas morning. Pink rifles and pink real tree camo, NOTHIN BETTER. Welcome to the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment