Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 20


I'm gonna be really honest. This week has been the hardest week that I've been out here. The past two days were the hardest days that I've had my whole mission and quite frankly, it's not very fun. Missions are hard. Like really hard.
We're right in the middle of the Bible Belt and I'm for real feeling it. Yesterday we attacked our area book and visited every potential investigator, former investigator, and some investigators, and even tracted for a bit in two of our areas and after 9 hours of that, we didn't get a single yes. And all our appointments fell through. It's the best.  I feel so bad for my poor companion. This week we're focusing on the importance of the Book of Mormon so we just had her testify about it all day yesterday and nothing. Lots of doors closed especially when we pull that one out. Not fun. We broke a lady's porch too, the elders are fixing that. 
I was studying this morning and I just needed some help and some glimmer of hope from Heavenly Father. I randomly opened up my scriptures and Mosiah 24 showed up. I read verses 14 and 15 and immediate comfort came over me. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who is there and who is aware of us. He's watching out for us and He's there for us. He answers our prayers. I needed that comfort and I'm grateful for that. I'm still sure of our one baptism this month. All we can do is work and pray. Desperately praying is one of recent hobbies. Love y'all!
Sister Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment