Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 17



 This week has been so awkwardly amazing.
     First, we're moving from the trailer. I'm SOOOOOO sad about that, for real I'm so in love with that piece of plastic, it's grown on me. But we'll be out by January. Merry Christmas to Keystone.
     We had a mission Christmas party/conference on Thursday. It was the first time that President and Sister Craig were able to see all 300 of their missionaries at the same time. They were a little emotional about it. So I was able to meet my trainer's trainer's trainer and we took a big family picture of all of us. I think we got at least 5 generations in there. Fantastic family time. It was so neat to finally meet all of these missionaries that I've seen on Facebook and that I've heard stories about. I got to see all of my MTC peeps and Sister Conley again! I barely just met and know these people but we were all so stoked on life to see each other and the Elders would make fun of us cause we'd scream when we saw each other. Judge us, I dare you.  It's the most amazing feeling ever just how much you learn to love these other missionaries that serve with you. You just can't help it. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I can't get enough of the Spirit that's here and just the funness of it all. LOVE IT!
     I'm the only pianist in our ward so guess who's in charge of the program next Sunday? This girl! I feel like Sister Matthews - I'm playing for everyone and their cat out here. Day in the life.
     Starke has a Christmas parade every year (How small town is that??? Love it!) and guess whose float won first this year??? OURS DID! Starke ward, what up?! Us, the Elders, Sister Carver, and Sister Underhill walked next to the float and passed out pass along cards and candy. And it was pouring rain. Worth it. It was SO FUN! We all climbed on the float after and screamed Christmas songs as we drove through the pouring rainback to the church. I've never been more wet in my life. Worth it.
   I'm obsessed with this ward. We spend all day Saturday helping to put the float together and I don't think I've laughed harder in my life. It was such great ward bonding time! I absolutely love the people here. And President and Sister Craig came to our ward on Sunday and helped us get the missionary work amovin, so we should be seeing some miracles with that soon!
   It's been such a great week, lots of bonding time, new investigators, lots of reactivations!, lots of singing and pianoing, and lots of the Spirit. Love it! Love you!
Sister Carr



No comments:

Post a Comment