Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 16


This week has been hectic and crazy and next week will be even busier, so I'm just tryna tackle everything and swallow it whole. We had a couple of great miracles this week. We are still struggling getting our investigators to church - SO FRUSTRATING! But the Elders had an investigator come to our ward Christmas party on Saturday. Hallelujah! Brother Beckham was going to bring Alex to church on Sunday but he never showed up even with Brother Beckham giving him a ride. President's coming to speak in our ward next Sunday and going to whip them into shape cause I'm just so tired of not being able to get anything done ourselves. We need help.
We found a couple this week who have a son who's LDS. He served his mission in Corpus Christi so I'm hoping Dad knows him. They're amazing and I've been feeling like we needed to go see them for a while now but it just never went down. But we went over Tuesday and they were so welcoming and loving and loved us so much! He runs the food pantry and desperately needed our help the next day - perfect timing!
We met a lady named Carol on Thursday. She's Catholic and wasn't really interested but we shared a message and prayer with her. We started driving away and I got the strongest impression that we needed to turn around and give her a Book of Mormon. So we awkwardly drove back to her house, knocked on her door again, ignored her surprised face. I was super nervous and excited and started blurting out how much happiness the Book of Mormon has given me and how I wanted her to have the same joy, etc. The Spirit was so strong and she started crying and I asked her if she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon and she kept saying "I will, I will, I will" over and over again through her tears- so good!
The church is true! I love all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment