Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 5


This week has been interesting. I literally got eaten alive last Monday night. 67 mosquito bites. 67. I counted. We had a zone meeting on Tuesday and I was the idiot sister who doesn't know what bug spray is. I'm sorry I live in a place that God loves so much that He doesn't send the bugs of Satan to. Sorry. So I learned my lesson with that.
The four of us missionaries spoke in sacrament yesterday. It was so bomb. We've been setting up family mission plans with the ward and trying to get them excited about sharing the gospel, so we all coordinated our talks to attack them with inspiration and ideas how to help out. It all went really well. We've been challenging every family to set a goal of how many nos they can get. The youth have been so amazing with it. The adults are like "yeah, I could probably get 2" and then all the youth get way competitive and aim for like 15 and so far, they've been doing really great.
The Bishop's wife called us last night and she's been so stressed about getting nos and she got two "yes's" last night and was freaking out, she was so mad. It was quite entertaining.
I love our ward so much! I have a serious testimony about the church being a safehouse. It's hard to go out in the world where everyone hates you cause you're a missionary, but it's such a relief to go to church meetings and stuff and just have so much love around you. I'm so grateful for that.
One miracle that I had this week was with this guy named Dwayne. He's so into the Book of Mormon and can't put it down. But he has this long list of questions to ask us and when we met with him, I just had answers flow to me, it was incredible. There was this one question that he asked and I was trying to explain it, but didn't know how, so I just kept talking trying to figure it out and I had this chair out the window experience where the answer just came to me and I honestly didn't even the answer myself. The Spirit is amazing. He had a lot of questions about church history too and I'm SO GRATEFUL that we went on that church history trip, cause man, that helped so much. I knew all this random stuff that he was asking about and it all came from what I learned on that trip. Thank you for that.
We have this trailer park that we recently tracted and have a couple investigators there. But we were visiting with this guy the other day and all of the sudden this pitbull ran out of one of the trailers and literally attacked one of the little boys in the neighborhood. It was bad and we were there for the whole thing. But when we were tracting the area, Sister Conley and I walked up to that door and both kinda looked at each other and had a bad feeling about it, so we just walked away. Not knowing about the killer dog inside. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
The RS broadcast was incredible. I was able to see one of my friends from Idaho in the choir! I loved how they talked about the temple so much! That's honestly been so hard for me - I miss the temple so much, it's really weird. But I miss not being able to go every week and when I go back to Idaho, I'm just gonna go every day. It seriously makes a difference!
Love you! I'm doing well, still alive so far!
Love, Sister Carr

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, You are amazing and doing some incredible things. I itch reading about your mosquitos bites. I also learned the hard way about "no see ums" crazy irritating little bugs. We are LOVED in California! I love reading these posts. Love you, Sister Draeger

    ReplyDelete