Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 6


This week we had our district meeting in the first LDS chapel that was built in Florida. How cool is that?! I was lovin it!
Conference was absolutely amazing!! We watched it at the Beckhams on Saturday and then with our Bishop and his family on Sunday. Funny story, apparently the Beckhams invited us to watch it with them on Sunday too, but we didn't know and when we didn't show up on Sunday she literally thought that someone got in our trailer and killed us and sent out a search party and called the elders to look for us and even called President Craig. We had no service at the Bishop's so we didn't have any access to our phone... oops. That actually wasn't that funny, but it was great. Goood times.
Anyway, Conference... I have such a great respect for our church leaders now that I'm out here. I love them to death! All the talks were amazing and were such a great help for our investigators! The Lord definitely knows what we need to hear! I loved all the talk about how our new moralities are just the "old immoralities" and that just because something legal doesn't make it legal to the Lord. Smack to the world's face. Oh and I saw Jacob in the World Report. That was so exciting to see a familiar face! I love all my missionary peeps!
And I heard about all those woman protesting....   Heavenly Father knows what He's doing and He's given us different and unique roles in this life. He has order to all and obviously if you're not too sure about that, Doubt your doubt before you doubt your faith.  I'm grateful for that sure background I've been given where I know what's right and have been taught that if I put God first, everything else will work out. Thank you so much for that.
We've been doing a lot of service this week. At one member's home, she posted a picture of us on Facebook. The elders are just standing there staring into the distance and Sister Conley and I are in serious work mode. Perfect showcase of our ward's missionary efforts. Classic.
Anyway, I love it out here, it's starting to cool down, hallelujah. I am so happy out here and just lovin the weirdness of Florida. We just laugh at everything, you can't help it and it keeps you sane and makes the day so much better! Good times in Florida!
Love you lots,
Sister Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment