Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 3


Hey fam!
   It's been such a great week! We had our first zone meeting, which was so fun to see some of my MTC elders! We all decided to start counting how many no's we could get, just to make it fun and the more nos we get, the closer we are to getting a yes! That night, went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader, Sister Call, who is absolutely amazing. We worked so dang hard and got the most "nos" out of the entire zone that day. I was so stoked!! We saw so many miracles that day! She told me that Heavenly Father knew that Sister Carr was going to be in Lake Butler that day so He put these people in our path for a reason, cause I was able to connect with them in a way that she wouldn't have been able to. It was amazing. My comp and I have found 10 new investigators this week. We found this gold mine of a trailer park - saddest living conditions I have ever seen, but they all love Jesus and are dying for us to teach them more! President Craig has had every missionary read "The Power of the Everyday Missionary," my zone leader just ordered mine so I haven't read it, but our ward has been focusing on that book and it's so amazing. GET IT AND READ IT!! It's amazing!
   We also had stake conference this weekend!  But holy dang.... How grateful I am for our stake. I thought that every stake had such amazing musical talent and such a strong youth program like ours... HAHAHAHA That's a definite NO! I wanted to cry during their choir numbers, and they weren't tears from the Spirit, that's for sure. I don't even want to see any stake production they do. There's only two of us that play the piano in the ward, so I've been officailly made the Relief Society pianist. I usually can't play for my life just because I don't ever practice, but lately I can play any hymn right off the bat - talk about blessigs. The youth program here is AWFUL too. None of the youth know the youth from the other wards and they're so obnoxiously rude and the leaders just sit there and do nothing about it - they don't care at all! I'm so grateful for my amazing youth stake and ward leaders. I honestly don't think I would be active if it weren't for them, and I'm scared for these kids and their lack of that foundation.
   So Matthew 4:10 is my life right now. I thought that those few months before the mission were awful to get through, but holy cow is Satan trying hard! I've never prayed more in my life and I've been so feeling that! The Spirit is so strong out here! The veil is so thin and I've received so much revelation and have had so many chair out the window moments, just from daily studying. The missionary stories from Gpa, Rachael, and Mike have helped me out so much this week. I read them constantly. I've been experiencing a lot of stuff that Rachael had to deal with. That helped me out so much!
  This Gospel is amazing. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind - it's so true! I'm so grateful that I made this decision to come out here. It's ridiculously hard, but it's getting easier and time is going by faster for me now. I love it - not Florida, but the work I've been doing. I love it, love it, love it!
Love you lots,
Sister Carr







No comments:

Post a Comment