Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 41

Glad Tidings from Jax

    I love being a missionary! I feel like this is the first week
ever that I'm able to say that. We had an amazing zone conference this
week, three baptisms, wore out two pairs of shoes, met two not very
nice Baptist preachers, and finished the Book of Mormon! Our record
this week was one new investigator, three lessons, one member present
lesson, one member lesson, and found a less active not on our records
all in one hour.
    It's been scorching hot. 104 degrees, in a dress, on a bike. It's
awful. Ive gotten past the point of caring what I look like. I can't
keep up with the demand of looking decent when I'm sweating 24/7. It's
impossible.
    I love our district. There's a ton of us, but we all live so
close to each other and see each other every day, it's the best ever!
This weekend has been so jam packed with baptisms, movie nights, and
meetings that we just see each other all the time! I love having a
second family out here!
    The missions 90 day Book of Mormon read has blessed my life so
much. Whilst meeting with our friendly Baptist friends, they were just
ripping us apart and it really hurt and I was just praying and praying
for Heavenly Father to send me some peace. As soon as I ended my
prayer, I looked up and the sun was just perfectly breaking through
the trees and Spanish moss and the words "Joseph, this is my Beloved
Son, Hear Him!" came to my head. Oh how I love Heavenly Father. There
have been so many nights where I'm struggling and I'll feel prompted
to open to a random chapter in the Book of Mormon and the most perfect
verse is there at perfectly applies to my situation. I love the Book
of Mormon! I know without a doubt that it's true! I love God for
giving us this second witness of His Son! I LOVE it!
     "Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A
voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth
out of the earth.... Glad tidings from Cumorah! Moroni, an angel from
heaven, declaring the fulfilment of the prophets--the book to be
revealed. A voice of the Lord in the wilderness of Fayette, Seneca
county, declaring the three witnesses to bear record of the book!"
(D&C 128:19-20)
Love y'all!
Sister Carr

Sister Carlsons birthday, jax west zone at zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment