Thursday, May 15, 2014

Week 39

Grandma on the Bike

    One of our adorable recent converts in Keystone wrote a story
about faith for her personal progress. She was born with a couple of
holes in her heart, AASD, and a couple of other mental disabilities.
She is the sweetest thing ever and I miss her so dang much. In the
story, we went on a camping trip and to disneyworld and we read the
Book of Mormon together. It was adorable. But throughout the story,
she has a "little bird" over her head that watches out for her where
ever she goes and makes sure everything is okay. And as long as she
keeps praying to Heavenly Father, He'll make sure everything's all
good. It was adorable. I've been trying to remember the little bird
over my head that is always going to make good things happen as long
as I keep going! That was a good little reminder for me this week.
    It's transfer time! Sister Orton is leaving and my new companions
name is Sister Call. I've never met her and I have no idea who she is,
I just barely added her on Facebook, so this will be a fun new
adventure. I was a little disappointed that I'm still with the bike,
but I'll take it.
    My daughter, Sister Hillman, is training in my beloved Keystone,
so I'm a grandma! I love mission families! Our oldest "ancestor" on
our family tree that's still in the field will now be a
great-great-grandma! Craziness!
    On Mother's Day, we ate at the Nhiev's home. He's in the
bishopric and is hilarious and he served his mission in Santa Ana, so
it's so fun talking to him about his adventures on his mission. And
she is so adorable and wears all J Crew and Banana Republic, so I'm
obsessed with her clothes. They both escaped Cambodia when they were
kids, so we had the BEST egg rolls ever and a lot of fun exotic stuff.
So good! 'Twas an adventure.
    We're still trying to build this area up! We're praying for a
good transfer!
Love y'all! Keep that little bird above your head!
Sister Carr


No comments:

Post a Comment