Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 40!! Halfway


"Ohh - oh! We're halfway there! Ohh - oh! Livin on a prayer!"
 May 19, 2014 


    This week has been so amazing! We were so busy at church cause we
had so many people there! Investigators, reactivations, lots of
meetings. It was fabulous!
   New companion time! My new companion's name is Sister Call. She's
from South Jordan, Utah (shocker, I know), she's 21, a dancer, and do
a cancer survivor! She's so great, I love her so much already!
   We did another competition with the elders. Guess who won this
time? We did, 279 to 43! They had no chance! It was fun to bask in
their failure! We all really like competitions, so they introduced a
new member to our district this week. The baptism boar. Whenever you
get a baptism, you get to hang the glorious boar in your apartment.
It's on. I'm turning redneck more and more everyday.
   The sisters double booked and asked us to go visit a less active
sister for them. So we're chatting with her and our convo goes like
this:
"Are you originally from Jacksonville?"
"No, I'm from California."
"Oh no way?! Where in California are you from?"
"Santa Ana."
And then I stared at her blankly and started freaking out. She grew up
in the Samoan branch in the Garden Grove stake. Small world!
Coincidence that the sisters accidentally overbooked appointments? I
think not!
   I went to two ward activities last night for the other ward. Both
were decked out with sheets as table clothes. That brought the Julie
Carr out of me real fast. The South.  It was bad.
   Summer is coming and that means more and more Mosquitos. My legs
are already COVERED in bites, and I faithfully put bug spray on
multiple times a day. The joys of the south.
    I officially hit my halfway mark on Wednesday!
Love y'all!
Sister Carr

Transfers! My old companion, Sister Orton and me. The beloved boar. My
new companion, Sister Call.



No comments:

Post a Comment