Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 29

Went to the mall last pday. I felt so evil, it's unreal. Since I've
been in the country for forever, I have no skills in walking up to
people randomly and talking about Jesus, but I have mad door skills
and would so rather tract. But I had a couple of people come up to me
and start talking about religion and such. It was so great. Had a
really good discussion about the church with this guy in the middle of
bath and body works. And I didn't even have to initiate the convo.
Miracles. And they were playing 1D. First time hearing them in 7
months. Miracles.
   The missionaries in the Philippines finally contacted my golden
online investigator and she's absolutely loving it! Ahhhh I so got
them a baptism, you're welcome.
Went on trade offs. The STL's area is further away from the city and
it's this ghettoified version of Keystone. I was lovin it. We cleaned
the absolute nastiest house that I have EVER been in. I'm pretty
positive that I was sent here cause I always hated how Mom would
always make us clean and I'd so rather not. But here I get to see the
results of my way.... Heavenly Father's a clever one.
 While I was in redneck heaven, Sister Orton and our STL found this
golden miracle child. She's so ready for the gospel. We showed her the
bible video of Christ getting baptized and after I was like what
thoughts or feelings did you get when watching that? She was like, um
I finna do that but I don't swim.... total 'District' moment, I
thought it was funny. So after resolving that concern, we invited her
to be baptized on the 29th, she said 'yes, what time on the 29th?'
That took me so way off guard, I stared at her strangley for a second
before responding, honestly didn't think that far ahead, don't usually
get a yes....
 Got yelled at for the second time, but the first time they were very
drunk so it didn't really count. But that wasn't very fun. We weren't
having a very tremendous day, and I started crying right there in the
dude's front yard. I know, I'm working on it. I always try to think of
Sister Hillman's "practice smile for the second coming" face and just
picturing when Christ shows up and everyone realizes that the kids on
the bikes were right. Can't wait.
  We had the car this week, hallelujer. We'll be walking down the
street and I always feel like I'm in that scene from the first season
of Walking Dead where the main guy, (cannot remember his name for the
life of me) shows up in Atlanta on this random horse and is wandering
the streets all cautiously. And there are cars sprawled out
everywhere, there's just junk in the street, and he's like what is up
with this place, this is just a mess and every second he's
anticipating something to run up and eat him. That's kinda how I feel
about Jax, so I really like having the car.
 We had a lesson with this lady and we asked her to read this verse
from the bible. Most people around here have their king James, but she
had some weird modern one. It was interesting how much the spirit was
lacking as she was reading it. It was super awkward cause it was
totally different then what we were trying to make a point of. I'm
grateful for my complete and correctly translated bible. Never have
ever realized how grateful I am for that, but I am.
 We were working with two sisters in keystone and doing personal
progress with them and all. The older one, Hailey, wanted to wait till
she completely was done with personal progress to get baptized.... She
told the sisters that she wants to get baptized this Sunday! I can't
even... I'm so stoked for her! God is real. He's really there. AHHH
I'm so excited I can't even stand it! Anyway, hangin' in. Love y'all!
Sista C






No comments:

Post a Comment