Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 14


Story time! Last weekend was going great - we had a lot of people at church, we had a great relaxing P-day, but Monday night we were spreading Jesus around town when our lovely mission president called us. I'm training. Wasn't fun. I started crying immediately. We drive up to Jacksonville tomorrow morning and Sister Conley takes off with her new companion to Brunswick, Georgia and I get my new trainee, straight from the MTC in P town. And then the next day, I get to stuff my face with food. Two dinner appointments? I think yes. Here we come.
      I didn't feel ready at all, I've only been out three months and Sister Conley has taken care of everything and been there to help me out. So now I have to do everything on my own and teach a new missionary everything she needs to know about the wonderful missionary life, which I barely know anything about, so here we go! Sis Conley said that training is a lot like being a parent. I'm in no way ready for that, I don't want a kid. So I'm losing my mother and now being thrown into the glamorous world of child rearing. Fun times on the mission. I've gained 7 pounds this week alone.... you know,when stress hits, it hits. It happens.
     But really, besides trying to eat everything in my sight, I'm good. We had our 'training the trainer' meeting in Gainesville on Tuesday. I don't feel ready, and I'm not sure why  President  called me to train, but I know it will all be good. Change is good. The Artmans are the sweetest couple ever and they drove us down to Gainesville cause we don't have the miles. Sister Artman knew I'd been having a rough time but she kept telling me all these things that she's already seen me do and how I was scared but just did it and the Spirit finished out with the rest. I love her, and that helped me out a lot. So after a rough start, I feel ready now and I think I'm going to be okay. Hopefully. I love this ward and I love the people here, so that's kept me going. It's worth it.
     We had our first proselyting family movie night on Saturday - such a success! I was on cloud nine, it went perfectly! Found some miracle people this week also. And we actually had someone new move into the ward! That never happens down here! Miracles!
     So my Southern story of the day: We met this guy tracting the other day and I called the "Civil War" the "Civil War," which it's called. The Southern pride thing here is off the wall and I won't ever make that mistake again. I got a 45 minute lecture about how it wasn't a civil war, it was the "War between the States" or the "war of Rebellion." Don't ever call it the "Civil War," I thought he was going to start yelling at me, but hey, he still wanted to know more about Jesus, so it all works out in the end. I don't think I'll ever be used to it down here.
     Anyway, the South is still going strong. The Confederacy lives. God bless America and all that. I'm going to live through these next few months with my new trainee. Love you all! The Church is true, the Book is blue, and Jesus loves you!


Our Starke ward missionaries (well not after tomorrow): me, Sister Conley, Elder Clark, and Elder Moose



No comments:

Post a Comment