Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week 12

This week has been amazing as usual!! I got a Facebook, I won't really be working with it till next transfer, but it's up! I can't add anyone outside my immediate family, I love you all but I'm sorry about that!
     We had another zone conference on Thursday and trade offs with the Sister Training Leaders on Wednesday. I've been so blessed with such great leaders in this mission and such an amazing mission president. President and Sister Craig are just the cutest things ever and just make me so happy, they're the best. 
      Zone Conference was in Gainesville, which is such a huge city compared to Keystone. And I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'm so grateful to be serving a such a small city. I could never live here, but it's so amazing to serve here with these people, they're just so amazing. And I love the country…. I know, I know the mission's really changing me, but I love being out here in the middle of nowhere. 
      We've been visiting this less active family for the past few months and the mom called us the other day and just thanked us for not giving up on them and to let us know that she had the first spiritual experience that she's had in a long time. She felt so blessed to feel the Spirit guiding her life again and she wants to do all she can to completely immerse herself in the Gospel again. Uh I love it!! Sister Conley never cries, but she was so close to tears while we were on the phone with her. That is why I'm on a mission. It's those little moments where we're able to help people see the reality of the Spirit and it's so incredible to me to see how much the Gospel blesses our lives!! I love love love love it!! 
     We've seen so many miracles this week! Remember when we felt prompted not to knock on that one trailer and we later saw that pit bull attack that lived there attack the little kid? Heavenly Father is so greatly protecting us and I'm so grateful for it! We had a similar experience this week - we were tracking this one area in Starke and we turned down a random street and felt really weird, so we sat there for a little bit and tried to decide whether or not to keep on going. We decided to turn around and try a different area. But anyway, we were telling the elders about it later and they asked us what street it was… turns out we were in Reno, which is like the California version on Compton, but worse. The elders quorum won't even go in there when they're on trade offs with the elders and the elders got held at gun point every time they've been down there. We've heard of Reno but had never known where it was cause we're not usually in Starke. But we're being so greatly blessed and protected. I'm so grateful for the Spirit!
     My new favorite scripture that I've found this week is in 2 Peter 1:8 - "Neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." How great is that???! I'm so grateful for this time to spread my knowledge of my Savior and constantly try to be fruitful in that knowledge! What great of a work we have to do and how grateful I am to be apart of it! It's tough. This week was the hardest week I've ever had but I love this work and I love this gospel!! 
Sister Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment