Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week 9




Rj says hi! btdubs
I'm not sure how I'm feelin about this whole new ward thing.  That's so weird and different, but okay, alright, gotta get used to the fact that I'll be giving my homecoming talk to the 3rd and 2nd ward, that weirds me out a little.
Okay so first of all, it's getting colder, but it's like one day it's freezing and then the next it's super hot, so it's in that Ah-qwuard (jerome voice) transition stage right now. 
Also, I thought you'd enjoy this, but I was reading in Isaiah 3 the other day and it was talking about the "costly apparel" and other stuff that people get caught up with, but it said "glasses" which really is see through clothes. I kinda freaked out and was like mom was right! Look at that, people think it's still modest, but look again! I thought that was cool.
And sorry that we didn't get to talk to you on Tuesday, she calls Sister Conley's mom like every week and I refuse to let her call you cause I don't need to be caught up on home and be calling you every week, but I finally let her call you this week and you weren't even there, so that's what I get for giving in!
it's been an awful week for their family. Bob got his pacemaker replaced on Friday and Milly was stressing out about that and their granddaughter has bronchitis and their daughter, Sheila hasn't been feeling too hot either. Then on Sunday, we found out that they were in the hospital in Gainesville cause Bob found Milly in the living room that morning and totally unconscious. We were scared and it was awful. Bob said it wasn't looking too good for her and I lost it in RS and was having the hardest time with that. And we went to the house to let the dogs out and all the furniture was moved out of the way cause the ambulance people had to get in there, so we cleaned the house and put everything back for them. And last time we talked to Bob, she had awakened once and saw her daughter and freaked out because she thought it was her mom, but he said he's hopeful now, so hopefully everything is going to be okay. 
I discovered another reason why I was sent here, I think I told you about how Sister Artman asked us to speak during her Relief Society lesson a few weeks ago and I absolutely lost it and everyone loves me now?? Maybe? I don't know if I did, but I'm in love with this ward and there's something new everyday that I helps me realize why I was sent to Keystone. But Milly and their grandson, Noah, do not get along at all. They're just a mess and it's the saddest thing ever. But I just realized this week how grateful I am for my mom. I'm sorry I was such a punk and I hated you so much. It's the saddest thing to watch the Beckhams go at it and Milly will get mad at Noah for the dumbest reasons, and he's such a good kid, but he makes just stupid choices sometimes. I'm so sorry for treating you so bad, I had it so good and I had no reason to treat you so awful. It wasn't fair of me at all and I'm just so sorry for putting you through all that!
you can send this out: i don't know what to write in these letters, im strugglin with that, but whatevs
      But yes, I'm so happy here and even though I sometimes wish that I was back home, or in Idaho, or in the 0% humidity of Arizona, I'm just so in love with Florida. It drives me crazy sometimes, but you just get used to the ways and weirdness of everything here and the members are just so absolutely amazing! Milly says that Sister Conley and I need to be together our whole missions because we get along so well and she tells everyone that we're just sisters. I'm grateful for a companion who is just absolutely crazy and hilarious and keeps my spirits high and still is able to motivate me when we're working all day and every appointment falls through and we're getting doors slammed in our face. We're constantly laughing and just loving the time we have to be apart of God's work and share the joy of the Gospel with the people of Florida.
       We were at a less active sister's home the other day and she challenged us to think of a motto for each transfer to live by. The very first thing that popped into my head was 'Hakuna Matata'. I've found how important that is out here! That's not at all the lesson that I thought I'd learn on a mission, but it's been so huge and such a help to me out here. I've learned not to freak out whenever an investigator doesn't read or keep their committments, panic when I can't find a scripture right on the spot during a lesson, or stress when I have to give a training to missionaries who have been out here way longer than I have. All that Heavenly Father asks is that we do His will, are obedient, and work hard and He'll do the rest. Our zone leader always says "too blessed to stress" and I've realized what a blessing that is. If we rely on the Lord, He'll do the rest.
      I was reading in 2 Nephi yesterday and Lehi was telling Jacob about Christ. 2 Nephi 2:6-8 is my absolute favorite! But I was sitting there thinking about it and noticed that he kept using words like "He will come" and "He shall make intercession.." and was talking about Christ in the future tense, cause of course, they're living 600 years before Christ comes. And then I switched over to Moroni just to read how he describes Christ, thinking that he'd use the past tense cause Moroni lived 300 years after Christ. But when Moroni talks about Christ, he says "He calls," "He advocateth," "the Lord God prepareth," and "Christ liveth." I was so amazed by that and had never realized that they never talk about Christ in the past tense, but always in the present. Christ lives and blesses us to this day. How great is that?! We have no need to fear and no reason to mope around being stressed all the time. We have a living God who loves us and watches over us and we have a Savior that saves us and maketh an intercession that we may one day live with our Heavenly Father again.
      I've had to rely on Him so much in the past few weeks! We've had a few investigators have to push their baptismal date back, but we've seen so many miracles and so many blessings as we continue to help them and as we find and teach others. It's absolutely amazing how much God is in this work. It's His work and glory, so why wouldn't He be? He is in the details of our lives and knows what we need. Rely on Him and everything will turn out, we have absolutely no need to worry! Love you!
Sista C

No comments:

Post a Comment