Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 27

I'm trying to be really positive, but I just can't this week. I
apparently don't adjust well to new things.
So I've been so seriously fed up with members giving us boxes and
boxes of Oreos and feeding us biscuits and gravy. It's a problem. So
I've been seriously praying for Heavenly Father for help, like I know,
I'm so lame, but I've been legitly praying that I can somehow lose
weight. Well lesson learned for the week, specific prayers get
specific answers. And I've learned my lesson the hard way, cause I got
to my new area on Wednesday and well.... We're in a car share, so
guess what that means? I'm on a bike.
My first day in Florida, one of the sisters asked President about the
whole bike situation. He specifically said, and I quote "I can promise
you that none of the sisters will ever be on bikes." LIES, PRESIDENT,
LIES!!! So you know those poor sisters that you drive by and your like
oh man, they just look absolutely retarded, someone please just help
them? That's for real my life. I, in no way can rock the bike look, so
you will not be getting any pictures this week. I look SOO DUMB on a
bike. I can't even stress that enough. I look SOO dumb. SOOO dumb.
My new area is very Diamond Bar-y. Go watch the part in the Blind Side
where she goes to find Michaels real mom. That's exactly where I am.
For real west side. Us white girls are the minority and it's just
really sketchy around here. I miss my redneck Keystone. My new
companion's name is Sister Orton, she's 22 and from Salem, Utah. The
ward's huge, the Relief Society is bigger than my last ward. And we
get fed every night, so yay! There's us, another set of sister, and
the zone leaders in the ward. The four of us sisters are always
together cause we share the car, they're amazing, I love them. It's so
fun. We have like no investigators right now, but that's going to be
quickly changed. Our key indicators for this week was what we usually
got in one day in keystone! and most of it was from my investigators
from Facebook. Uhhhhhh, This area is going to be a project.
So my first day on the bike, we were coming home at the end of the
day. It's pitch black in the middle of Jacksonville at 9 at night. I
don't know where I am, there's scary people around and I'm strugglin
on my oh so attractive new ride. My chain breaks, so we pull over to a
parking lot and try to fix it. In the middle of ghettoville, in the
dark, it's like 80% humidity and I'm sweating and my
perfectly-done-that-morning-hair is sticking all over my face and have
oil all over my hands and now I have to wear my bag across my body and
it kept rubbing against my button up shirt, so my shirts wide open, so
I'm trying to deal with that and I'm just freaking out. I'm so past
the point of caring how retarded I look and just hating my life. And
that's pretty much it to the story. I got it fixed, we went back home,
I had some ice cream cause I sure as heck deserved it, and that's
pretty much it. That's my new life. Just trying to deal with it. The
end.
I'm still alive and strugglin through this whole "endure it well"
thing. Never praying for help to lose weight again. I'm still loving
the iPads, they're amazing. I love you all! Enjoy your cars.
Missin' my rednecks,
Sister Carr

My new address is:
1171 Lane Ave S #710
Jacksonville, FL 32205



Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I heard a comment the other day that went like this: So far my percentage of surviving really bad days is 100%!!! So bring it on. You totally rock, Sister Carr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my sweet, sweet Chelsea! At FHE, Papa Dennis assigned us to write letters to our favorite missionaries: I chose YOU!! So I will change the address to read the above new one, and you will get it soon. Thank goodness for Heavenly Father and our Brother Jesus watching over you. When you feel like you're drowning in life, don't worry - your Lifeguard WALKS ON WATER! I love YOU MOST!! - Grandma Suzie

    ReplyDelete